Tuesday 16 October 2018

Editing using Premier Pro

Editing using Premier Pro




Editing using premier Pro

We were given the task of producing a simple video, using a song and different clips, produced on Premier Pro. We were given clips of different water sports and reactions from the crowd watching them, and the audio clip 'Oops Upside Your Head' by The Gap Band. We edited both the video and audio clips on Premier pro, while also adding in a title screen and fading out the music, creating the finished video.

I started by uploading the "Oops Upside Your Head" audio, and the video clips we were given into Premier Pro, and then I looked through all the clips to decide which ones I wanted to use. I then moved the audio into the audio slot, and began trimming down the video clips I had decided to use to the size I wanted al began fitting them all together to create the final video. While doing this, I created jump cuts and cut scenes to make the overall video seem more put together, while still using the video clips we had been given, which included many different shot and camera movements such as establishing and tracking shots. Once, I had finished editing my video, I trimmed the song down to end at the same time the video did, and I used a fade out transition effect on the end of the song, to give it a smoother and more seamless finish. I also added a title screen into the beginning of my video saying "fun in the sun". Then, I rendered and exported the final video onto my desktop, and uploaded it to YouTube so that I could then embed it into my blog. 

 Overall, I found adding the audio and video clips into Premier Pro relatively easy after a couple tries due to the system being quite simple to use once you have a basic understanding of your way around it. However, it was quite difficult to match the video clips to the beat of the audio which is why there isn't really any evidence of that in my final video. I think that the overall video turned out well, but if I were to improve on it, I would try to match the beat of the song to the video to help it flow a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment